This collection is yearbooks from the first 36 years of Judson University. The roots of Judson University are over a century old, an outgrowth of Northern Theological Seminary, which was founded in 1913. From its inception, Northern offered both graduate and undergraduate education to men and women training for the ministry. In the early 1960s, when the seminary portion of Northern moved from Chicago to Lombard, it was decided to make the college an independent entity. Under the guidance of Dr. Benjamin P. Browne, college and seminary president, a "new" school was founded along the shores of the Fox River in 1963. The college was named after Adoniram Judson, the first American missionary abroad, arriving in Burma in 1813 and eventually spending 37 years overseas, returning home just once in all that time. Judson College became Judson University in 2007.
References Lincoln College. "History and Mission". Lincoln College. Web, 29 May 2014.